Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flashback I: Seaderus

Seaderus, Age 10.

I stretch my wings - My current father has been keeping me inside way too long. He doesn't know I'm an arch-angel, and I want to keep it that way. I look back at the simple, two-story log cabin, sitting pretty on a lush, green hillside teeming with life. I sigh, and watch my 'dad's' car zoom off in the distance. Being an orphan's tough.

"Kat?" I yell. Katherine runs from somewhere in the city, smiling. I have been smiling ever since I found her again, sometime after I went looking for Dad. For all I know, he was dead, and we were orphans. Mom died some time ago. For about a month, some other arch-angels (Amos and Mailer was it? No, Atmos and Malim.) were taking care of me... before I left right under their eyes! That probably made me lose all my honor back there... Who cares?

"Coming Sead!" She yells back. She is barefoot, wearing a simple pink dress, flowing and fluctuating in the wind. Her presence almost calms me every time. She takes of a small jacket she was wearing, and lets it fall in the grass behind her, unfurling her pure white wings, like mine. She stops inches from me, and almost knocks me down the hillside. "Wow," She says, looking around. "This guy was single?"

"Yeah. What a surprise, right?"

"Did you make him forget you?"

"Yep! He doesn't know I exist."

"Do you ever feel guilty for doing so?"

"No."

"Bu--"

"C'mon! Let's go!" I hurry down the hillside, taking off my jacket as well. My wings unfurl, and I take off, Katherine not far behind.

~~~~~

We fly for some time, until Kat feels tired. We stop somewhere on a mountain range, near a shallow cave. I lie back on a rock, and Kat unzips her backpack, taking out an angelic pillow - An amazing things, as it takes up no space, but can expand to much any size one might want. She lies down on it. I look out upon the mountain side, the sun setting, casting the grey-black mountains into almost constant shadow.

"Is this what our life is?" She asks. "Just... running?"

"Yeah..." I sigh.

"Maybe... one day..." She pauses.

"Mmm?"

"We can settle down? Stop running?"

"Sure - we could do it now, if you'd like."

She beams with happiness. "Yes! YESYESYESYESYES!"

"Okay! We'll stay here!" I say, smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment