Friday, January 17, 2014

Record XIV: Pestilence looks at me and my late father.

"Ah, Pestilence, I need to talk to you about--" Oculus starts. I really hate starting out a blog with him - It sets me off balance.

Pestilence looks at Oculus, then over Iris, then skips over Shadow, Malim, and Atmos. He stares at me, and for a moment--A very tiny moment, at best--His face falls, and he looks at me like he wants to finish the job. Then his face perks back up, his head jerking back to Oculus, a slow and sluggish movement. He has an impish smile plastered upon his face. "Mister Oculus, you've been keeping secrets from us," He says simply.

"WHAT?" Sirius barks. He growls, a deep and unworldly sound. "You know how I despise secrets."

Oculus's eyes reflect a fear that only me and my friends are really able to notice - and honestly, it's either fear or underdone meat. He smiles coolly, sighing, wiping the smile of his face, "Not much of a secret anymore, now is it?" He goes into more--boring--detail about Iris's situation and the Zilvra.

"Well," Pestilence smiles--he's planning something, I'm sure of it, "I regret to inform you, I cannot remove the Zilvra from..." He pauses, smiling even wider, "Your sweetheart." Sirius chuckles--to the best of a dog's ability, anyways. "However, she will adjus--" Pestilence's eyes (which were wondering around the room) fall on Shadow, who is tense, and, for the first time, I see the enmity between the two, and one of the things we have in common, that being enmity. "Well, well. Look who it is." Pestilence doesn't sound pleased.

"Hello," Shadow says, leaning against a wall. Punk? Who knows? WHO CARES? "Lovely to see you here. Having a nice time making the world suffer?"

Pestilence takes the question as a serious remark, his tone full of glee, "Ah, it's almost too easy. They believe whatever anyone on the internet says, and ignore scientific findings. Ah they're all conspiracy theorists when it comes to medicine." His face falls. "Actually, it gets kind of boring sometimes...I mean, really, I thought convincing people shots were bad for you would be hard, but...ah well, a little bit of boredom is the price of power, sometimes." He sighs, as if legitimately bored. Is this what power brings you? Inhumane, selfish rule? Maybe losing your humanity? Maybe I don't have any to lose. Mr. Oculus rolls his eyes.

At this moment, I see Atmos limping in, covered in a coat of blood. Please let no one notice, please let no one notice! Everyone in the room, of course, looks towards him. I knew what they where thinking. Atmos and Malim exchange a glance or two, and I drag them to one corner of the room.

"Well, I felt the sensation coming, and I didn't want to disturb them, but I found another one of those objects you're looking for!"

My heart skips one beat. Two, then three. I breathe deeply. These objects have been hinting me on where to find my sister. I just have to find her. It was almost never just "Seaderus," it was SeaderusandKat, KatandSeaderus.

"What... What did it look like?" I murmur.

Atmos murmurs back, nigh on incoherent, "It looked like a portrait... of her..."

"I don't give a **** and you know it!" Malim says.

"Frick's sake, calm down! Just fricking tell me!"

"Hey boys, have something you want to share with the rest of us," Sirius barks, "or would you rather I target you three next?" A menial threat.

I look over my shoulder, my eyes full of contempt, "A private matter, none of your beeswax,"

"It probably is, considering that--" Malim starts.

"I am aware of what he is. What I am not is afraid." I wince. That was something that my father used to say, paraphrased slightly. Malim and Atmos continue whispering, while I look Sirius in the eye.

Sirius growls. "Some things are better kept secrets," Oculus says.

"I. DON'T. CARE!" Sirius barks.

"Boys, there's no changing his mind, just so you know...he'll get that secret out of you no matter what it take." Oculus sighs.

"Well," I begin, "I got new for you, Sirius. Neither. Do. I!"

"Suit yourself..." He rears, and lunges for Atmos's ankle. Suit yourself, stupid mutt! Atmos's ankle disperses, and reforms. Foul-smelling dust is left in its place, and the dust sticks Sirius's jaws together. I laugh, internally.

"Oh dear." Oculus says

"Well, why they're doing that, I say we try and figure out where Slenderman is. I have someone who's tuned into him," Pestilence says, throwing down a burlap sack.

Sirius spits out the substance, being a fear, is one of the only ones to be able to do so. "You..just plucked up a human...and shoved it into a bag?"

"How else was I supposed to get her in there?" Pestilence pulls out a seven-year-old girl. I could almost hear the jaws it the floor.

"Oh my .What the..."

"I haven't seen a Receiver case this bad ever before. Do you know who...?"

"She has amnesia, too. I decided to call her Influenza...I think Slenderman tried to abduct her. Been a while since he went after children." Pestilence nods.

"You named her after the flu?" Oculus says incredulously.

"She should be honored!"

"You nicnamed her after the flu. Lovely," Shadow says.

"Hey! The flu is my favorite disease! Now, Dr. Mager, where has Polio run off to?"

"Infecting some children."

"MARVELOUS! All right, down to business." Pestilence faces Flu. "Now, do you know where the Slenderman is?" Flu looks as if she is going to cry. "WELL!!! Mister Oculus, you deal with children on a regular basis!" Mister Oculus receives a rough shove from Pestilence.

"Wha--oh, hi there..." Oculus, the master of children. Sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment