Saturday, January 18, 2014

Record XV: Argh, Shadow!

"Who is Slenderman?" Flu asks, slightly teary.

"No don't cry!" Oculus says, taking his time with the 'y', maybe for his 'good ideas' of childcare.

"He's a faceless man in a suit," Iris says gently, soothingly.

"Well," Flu begins, "I don't remember much, but I remember he was taking me somewhere, a place he said would make me happy," Flu starts to whisper, "but one of the kids there said he never lets you go once you agree to stay, even if you miss your Mommy and Daddy," She stops whispering, and continued, "So I ran. But for some reason, I knew exactly where he was and what he was doing. He was killed by a woman in burnt skin...but he somehow didn't stay dead." Another "What in the world?!" moments.

"Thank you, sweety," Iris says. Rowling jumps to Flu, and she pets the creature, pure and innocent delight in her eyes, despite all the things she has undoubtedly seen and experienced.

"Whats your name?" Shadow says.

"I...I don't remember," Flu says, breathing in a tense, congested gasp. Shadow, just shoot yourself, and SHUT UP!

"INFLUENZA IT IS!!! ...Though I suppose we could just call you Enza...I hope Slenderman..oh wait did you say he was killed? Ah he probably won't be wanting you back then...or but most fears are reborn after being killed." Pestilence frowns, as if losing his train of thought.

"There's another thing that changed...Pestilence used to never talk...now he WON'T SHUT UP!!!" Sirius says, performing the canine equivalent of laughing.

"Don't cry," Shadow says. He leans back towards Oculus, something I barely hear, "What do you think she meant by 'burnt skin?'"

"Transgression got him," Oculus murmurs back.

"It's all right. It's all right... I forgot my name, too," Iris says gently, hugging Flu. It never once did occur to me that 'Iris Dogood' couldn't be her real name... Did she really forget her name? Or was she just saying so to comfort Flu? Whatever the reason, they both seemed ecstatic now.

"We need to find Slenderman's peices. He may be able to pull himself back together." Oculus turns his head. Out of pride? Out of guilt? Out of jealousy? No, that was going too far. He most likely wiped her memory, or something. Not too low for a fear to do so. Hey, that rhymed!

"Hello there. Pestilence. Sirius. Oculus." A hooded figure emerges from the shadows.

"...That was fast..." Pestilence says.


"My pieces didn't get separated," The figure said. Slenderman? No, too short. Probably a proxy, though. Coward! Actually, I'll take that back - only God knows where he could be!


"Is every fear that tried to kill me coming here or something? Because I don't want to see the Red Death...again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment