Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Record XIII: An unlucky meeting... get the pun?

"All right! We're here..." Oculus says, but trials off, as if giving up on being pleasant. I knew the eye man could try if he wanted to. Maybe he wanted to only impress his 'Girl-friend.' If I remember correctly, the last time something like that happened... I actually don't remember correctly. Something bad happened.

"I thought we'd never get here with all that arguing..." Zach mutters.

"Hello Mister Oculus." A dog trots up to Oculus, standing only three feat away. My mind reels. A dog? What the heck?

"...That dog just talked," Zach says, astonished.

"I was a floating eyeball when you first met me," Oculus says, crossing his arms.

"Riiiight. Forgot about that..."

"What does the Dog want?" I say.

"I'm one of the fears who was against Transgression being freed...The Eye and I also have worked together many time,"

"Yes, but who exactly are you?"

Oculus ignores me, saying, "It's Mister Oculus, now, just like you changed your name to Sirius...say what breed did you transform into?" So that's his name.

"A Rottweiler, currently." Obvious... For an eye, Oculus isn't that observant...

"Huh. Last time you were a husky."

"I had to disguise as a chiwawa last night...luckily it didn't take long to expose that girl's secrets. She confessed almost instantly." I almost forgot that that he was the fear of kept-secrets. I did not know the name, though. Sirius...

"Ah, so good to see you. My master has been waiting," A figure walks into the room. Half his head is covered in bandages running diagonal, blackened with age, and crusted with a green-red mold. The rest of his face was heavily scarred. His eyes are are wide with the lust for knowledge, and a curly beard protrudes from his cheek, like it was hastily applied with superglue. I am tempted to pull on it to make sure it's real.

"Ah, Dr. Mager...so nice to actually see you on friendly terms. I trust you do not plan on trying to dissect me again?"

"Sadly, no. I just finished making a three-way cross between a kitten, a bunny, and a puppy. It was too cute, though. I was going to feed it to one of my other creations, but my master insisted I give it to you to give to...someone?"

Shadow stirs from his slumber, mumbling incoherently like a drunk man.

"Oh good, you're awake." Oculus doesn't sound pleased. He takes the compound-creature from Dr. Mager, and hands it to Iris. "Yes, this should cheer Iris up a bit. Thank you. Where is you master, anyway?"

"Out, doing his best to convince people shots cause Autism and whatnot. Amazing what people believe with no scientific data to back it up... Actually, he's thinking of trying to convinvince people that all murder is the result of a mental disorder...and some people are buying it!"

Oculus cringes, and with three eyes, it's both fun to watch, and no small feat. "Uh-huh... Interesting..."

Iris wakes up, with the creature on her chest. "Wah... What's that?" Iris mumbles, her voice feeble and weak.

"A gift from Dr. Mager," Oculus explains.

"It's so cute. Thank you," Iris says with little emotion.

"Hmph, your welcome, but I won't be making any more. Ever again." Mager says.

"I'll call you... Rowling!"

"It can be trained to attack enemies, and can be aggressive towards enemies. I intended it to be a gaurd monster of sorts. It does a good job...it was just too cute to be taken seriously. He also has mild telekinetic powers as well."

Three things happen at once. Not exciting things, but things that might happen, but coalesce to something odd. Rowling, as it is called now, uses... mind power? To sneak a treat out of Mager's pocket. I laugh, and say, "You missing something, Mager?" At this point, however, Shadow and Atmos wander off, wondering and exploring.

"Dr. Mager? Do you know anything about what happens when Azoth enters a body?" Oculus asks. Why in the world would he ask a question like that?

"Why certainly. Sometimes when the Azoth enters the body, the Azoth takes over that body. Other times, it merely causes the human to become tuned into the Slenderman." That's a little trippy; turned into the slenderman?

"Has it ever caused Slenderman to become tuned to a person?"

"Slenderman automatically becomes tuned to any being with Azoth...why are you asking?"

"Oh, just curiousity."

"Right. So there's something in that girl?" Mager questions, raising an eyebrow. Oculus searches for words, opening and closing his mouth, air going in and out sharply, like that of a fish. "Your not as subtle as you wish you were, Oculus. So, let me guess...you also want to know if Azoth was able to be removed from people. Am I correct?"

Oculus swallows, a deep thwunk-ing noise. "Actually, yes."

"Sorry, but the majority of humans who had Azoth removed died from the process...you can ask Pestilence when he gets back, since he is more knowledgeable on the subject...but beyond what I've just said, can't help."

Oculus's face falls. "Thank you anyway."

Mager's face lights up, as if having an epiphany. "Really, if your servant has been infected with Azoth, I would recommend--"

"I know what you would recomend. It is not azoth she is infected with but something similiar...and, no, I am not killing her." Oculus says. That guy really scares the crap out of me sometimes. Iris looks shocked, performing the same maneuver that Oculus performed under a half minute ago.

"Iris, I think your...um..pet is trying to eat your hair." Shadow says.

Iris looks at Rowling, who, in fact, is happily chewing on Iris's hair. "No Rowling, hair is not tasty." I laugh, only internally. It's such an innocent gesture, I forget that good can come out of even the simplest of things.

"The allmighty power of cuteness..." Zach mutters. Can't that imbecile speak clearly for once?

"Anyhow, Pestilence set up a room for you all to stay in...you're lucky he found a room at all. We sent a message to Slenderman, but he hasn't replied...we think something may have happened to him. You know how Transgression was in the old days..." Sirius says.

"Yes, yes, I am familiar with her numerous attempts to destroy him," Oculus says.

Shadow speaks, as if just noticing Sirius. "Oh joy, its you. thanks for turning my friend into a puppy the last time we met."

"Don't be so upset...he was much cuter as a puppy, and suddenly had what he always wanted....the ability to attract females." Sirius smiles wickedly.

Oculus chuckles. "That's not a very nice thing to say."

"You know how I am...I hold nothing back, keep no secrets...and that was the truth. YOU, on the other hand, have grown soft..." I tune out the conversation. Fears talking about their powers makes me feel... erm... The heck with it. It makes me feel jea...jeal... COME ON, SEADERUS! Jealous. There. It's out. Now shush!

I tune back in when Pestilence almost knocks me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment